Mediterranean Cod & Herbed Vegetables
Boost your energy while you increase your protein & antioxidants. Enjoy this fillet of cod baked with fresh Mediterranean vegetables and herbs from Pink Ribbon Recipes.
Author: Pink Ribbon Recipes
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1 cod
- Calories: 300cal
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 42g
Recipe type: Dinner
Pink Ribbon Recipes Rating: Protein Content Score 100 / Low Fat Option Score 98 / Antioxidant Score 98 / Energy Builder Score 98 / TOTAL SCORE 99
- 1 cod fillet
- ¼ small zucchini
- ¼ small eggplant
- 1 plum tomato
- ½ small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic (depending on taste)
- 2tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pepper for taste
- Preheat oven to 480F
- Get a small oven-proof dish and line it with a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Slice the vegetables and place in the dish.
- Add herbs, salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar, and mix it all together to distribute.
- Wrap up the foil and place in oven for 30 minutes
- Take out, open foil and add cod fillet.
- Place back in oven for another 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through but not dry.
Good to Know…
Cod is a great source of protein, B12 and Selenium.